Friday, December 28, 2012

2013 Resolutions - Make it do, make it last or simply make it!

I'm following the lead of the Frugal Queen who has made a 2013 resolution to Fix Broken Stuff. I like that idea and am expanding it to Fix Up Stuff! as one of my resolutions for the year.

So what is included in Fix Up Stuff? That means I want to:

- figure out how to refresh both wooden desks so the wear and water stains aren't as evident
- repair the dog's extra bed next to the computer desk so it can be washed regularly
- mend or alter anything that needs it
- finish cleaning the basement floor
- change the hoses on the washing machine
- create a low budget plan for minimal remodels of both bathrooms

and that is just off the top of my head.

This is going to be a budget stretching year for many people. Want to join me in fixing up what you already have?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, and my goal is also to join the compact this year, with certain exceptions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joining the Compact is a great goal - I wish you well on that resolution.

      Delete
  2. Great challenge idea! You have a good list there... keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete